Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Journal

I know that a blog is like a public journal for everybody. One that everyone can click and meander around and read in order to find out what is going on in your life... I have been an avid journaler since I was oh goodness 10 years old... I dont know where they all are. They might be in a box or in my old room or packed away in Utah in my storage space that I still have there... yes I know it has been almost 2 years since I left... but I know what is in there so it isnt a waste of money... anyway back to journals... I wish that my mom and my grandparents had one or five... I wish I could read their thoughts on married life and what its like to have kids... I have had some serious life changes and even though I have the journals that talk about my dating life in high school and my I hate life days... I started one off for my kids... or my grandkids... I decided that I want them to know what I have learned so far in my measly twenty-three years on this earth. I want them to know how I met Shawn and the feelings and impressions I felt along that path... the most incredible thing about it is that I didnt want to stop writing... I want to tell this story as it happens while it is fresh... I want to go to my Grandmothers and my Grandfathers and find out their stories about love while they all are here... and write down the way they felt... I wrote in my journal to say the things that I couldnt say out loud and now well I am fine saying them because whenever I hear others stories they warm my heart and I just wish that I could just pick them up at anytime so I can feel that way over and over again... Maybe I am being corny but its just the way I feel. So if you call me and I don't pick up... I am probably busy with this new old hobby I have... you should try it.

4 comments:

Kate said...

i love to journal, too! and i wish my family had done it more, because i think you can learn so much about life from reading about someone else's experiences. my sister, who is 12 years older than me, let me read her journals when i was the same age as she was when she wrote them... it was so fun to imagine her my same age and hear about what she went through... i've got journals since 1995, and i hope that my kids enjoy reading them as much as i've enjoyed writing in them! :) i'm glad someone else enjoys it, too.

Breanne said...

Hey Ash! I look forward to reading more of your posts! Love ya!

Kendra said...

I use the blog as my journal, so I know what you mean! Check out our blog at: www.manwaringfamily.blogspot.com
I love yours, and I love your picture:) You two are so cute!

Allison said...

hey ashley! love your wedding pics. you are a beautiful bride! I'm glad you are liking married life! i would have to say it's pretty amazing myself!how's georgia? what are ya up to these days?
I've been a journal writer since 3rd grade. my mom gave me a journal for my birthday and i've been writing ever since. i'd like to think that my children will enjoy reading them someday. i'm glad you enjoy writing too!
well i'm officially adding your blog to mine. feel free to do the same for mine as well! :)