Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The moon's gonna follow me home.

I went home last week because wonderful friends were going to Savannah and so my wonderful mom decided to drive up and pick us up halfway... with me losing my job it has been hard to figure out when we would ever be able to go back down to Jacksonville. We took some fun pictures in the car with the sweet kids we traveled with here are some of the great ones.
above is Avalee in all her sweetness



and here is sweet Emma




And Piglet Ty

We(I) was super excited about seeing my brothers and sister and my parents it hasn't been terribly long since I have seen them but it has definitely been an adjustment not being able to just drive over and sit on my parents bed and just talk with them so when we got there on a Friday night my mom and I were up until 4 am. I know we are crazy but in staying up I got to see my dad and my brother Zach get ready to go out for the first day of hunting season and Zach's first trip hunting with dad.

It is incredible how big he has gotten and that he is now in the third grade. I remember holding him and just rocking him to sleep. Oh man I love him to pieces. Nickity was especially excited to see us and well they both love Shawn to bits and so it was good to be with them. The most difficult part for me was waking up at 7:15 after going to bed at 4 am but we really needed and wanted to go and see Shawn's parents so we went and had breakfast bright and shiny in the morning and then went back to my parent's house and hung out with my Mom, sister Con and Nickity Nick. We decided to go to Sushi for lunch which isn't necessarily Shawn's favorite food but it was fun to figure out how to use the chopsticks.
Shawn what a cutie eating his Yakatori



Above is my main man Nickity Nick and how about he is the coolest almost 7 year old that I know. I know this is really long post and that I wanted to show our trip so I took pictures and that would be fun for our blog but then I wait forever to post it... Anyway back to Jax and the trip there I was really very fortunate to be able to visit my grandparents and see my great-grandmother who is in her mid-nineties. She is amazing and was and still is a woman who has such tenacity and well spit-fire. She is now suffering from dementia... there are a few things that she remembers but if you walk out of the room after you have just introduced yourself she will be so excited when you walk back in like you just arrived. When she met Shawn for the first time she asked my mom if he was her husband and my Mom said, "No Nana he is a little young for me." We all got a good laugh! She put on her show for my husband telling him how she used to tame horses and ride them and how she would work on her farm. My mom told me that she gave her spiel that she does when she meets a new man and well it just made me laugh but I do miss her and although she is still Nana I miss her recognizing me but I don't mind giving her hug after hug because she forgot the first one.
She has an amazing talent in that she can hear a song and be able to play it. She cannot read a lick of music but you sing her a song and she can play it.
I have videos of Nana playing the piano and maybe I can get it up on here but it is taking a long time to upload. So hopefully I can get it to work so you all can see Nana's mad piano skills.
I was really grateful to go home for our quick little trip and it buoyed me immensely. I really hope that another trip can happen soon. I love my family and I am so grateful for them and well I love my husband so much and I am so grateful that he made some sacrifices for us to be able to go and spend a whole weekend with my family because I needed it so badly.


No comments: