Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hands.



I am blessed. I am the oldest of four children and was the first grandchild on both sides of my family. I am also the first great-grandchild on both sides of the family. I was fortunate to have Colton while two of my great-grandparents are alive. My Nana(Wanetta) is still living at the age of 95 and while I was in Florida we took the opportunity to take a Five Generation picture of our hands. From the top left going counter clockwise is my Nana(95), Grandmother(63), Mom(44), Me(24), and Colton(3 mo). 
It's amazing to think what hands do and between the 5 of us what things have been accomplished and what will be accomplished.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Aww, I love this photo! How incredible that you have so many generations alive at once! That's awesome!

Breanne said...

What a neat picture. It reminds me of that song about hands-you know about Jesus' hands and how it says His hands...I can't remember the rest right now. But I KNOW you know what I'm talking about. :)

BTW a song that I think you would love by Joy Williams called If you wanna go

Kendra said...

That is a neat picture! We have a five generation picture, but I love the hands idea. And the video, so CUTE! I was laughing because that is just what babies do, they march :)