Saturday, October 17, 2009

Colton James Armstrong

Colton James Armstrong was born on August 10, 2009 at 11:17am (My Sister Conner's Birthday) He was 7lbs 3.7oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Colton was breech and I had found that out the Thursday before his birth I was really trying for a natural birth so I was willing to do whatever it took in order for that to happen. I spoke with my OB about an external version which is where they try to flip the baby in the correct position from outside the body. I was qualified to have it done because my amniotic fluid levels were still good. The procedure was scheduled for Tuesday the 11th and over the weekend I looked up every possible way to get a breech baby to flip. I did handstands in pools, pelvic tilts, even put frozen peas at the top of my belly in order for him to move away from it... Well none of it worked. The Sunday night before his birth I had back labor all night... I knew I had my ultrasound appt on Monday morning to make sure that the amniotic fluid was fine so that I could have my procedure on Tuesday but when the technician did the US my fluid was way too low so I had to have a C-Section immediately. Our appt at the OB was at 9 it was finished at 9:20am I checked into the hospital at 9:35 am. Everything happened really fast after that. The anesthesiologist came in at 10am for my epidural and I was on the OR table by 10:40am... Colton was born at 11:17am and when I heard him cry it was by far the most incredible thing that I have ever heard. When I was on the OR table it was really quiet so I asked them if they could turn on some music... so Colton was born during Leona Lewis' "Bleedin Love" I was singing the whole time they were performing the surgery it calmed me down for sure. So I went in for an Ultrasound and 2 hours later got my boy.

This is Shawn and I right before the epidural... our last moments of just the two of us.


Baby boy is almost here...


Gettin' Cozy


Mommy's first time seeing her boy

Proud Daddy



The New Armstrong Family.



2 comments:

Kate said...

Yay for finally hearing your story! He is adorable! I'm sorry that he was breech and you had to have a c-section, but I'm glad you all recovered okay and that everyone is healthy and well! Looking forward to hearing more about your little guy!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing =) Sorry it didn't get to go the way you planned, but so happy to hear about your healthy little guy! Congrats!