Saturday, January 3, 2009

Baby Mine.

So the New Year has started off with a bang... Maybe that's not the appropriate term to use but we'll use it to be funny anyway... The Sunday before Christmas, Shawn and I found out that we are to be proud parents in August. YAY... The news is both extremely frightening and wonderful all at the same time. We were able to tell our parents and family and I have my ultrasound next week so we will get to see the little gummi bear soon. I can't wait to see it. I have been feeling really nauseous and have to wear sea bands and all in order to keep my food down but Shawn has been a good sport... He knows that eggs, popcorn, and breakfast sausage are to be far from me.

The best thing so far though has been the support of our family... Heavenly Father must have really wanted this baby here because we aren't ready at all:) but we will be and as each day passes I feel more and more love for this little one and know that this is what life is all about. So heads up... Baby Armstrong is gonna be here for the next new year:)

10 comments:

Tim and Maria Jones said...

Congrats to you both! That is so exciting! By the way, one of Tim's favorite memories from freshman year is when you went to the ER and he got to drive up on the sidewalk to drop you off as close to S Hall as possible. You are wonderful! Best of luck with the morning sickness.

Kate said...

I'm so excited for you guys. :) I hope you start feeling better soon!

Stephanie said...

woah! Crazy! I'm happy for you though. we're moving on Tuesday...so I will be far away from Jacksonville. Thanks for being there and helping me out with my first move...couldn't have done it without you! You are the best!

Breanne said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you, maybe I'll be making a trip to GA come August to see the little Armstrong. I like Lance or Neil if it's a boy, oh and my dad says Louie. All good strong names. :)

BTW what are sea bands?

Ashley said...

Sea bands are wrist bands that happen to have a little ball or dull point inside of them that push on a pressure point in your wrist... they are commonly used for cruises and car trips... but they really seem to be helping. We already have our names picked out.

Breanne said...

But didn't you get it, Lance Armstrong, Louie Armstrong, Neil Armstrong. Famous people. :)

Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What wonderful news for the new year! So happy for you guys. Hope you start to feel better soon! =)

Jac said...

Already seems you've got it figured out! Being pregnant and "loving them more and more each day, and knowing that's what life is all about.." You've pretty much summed it all up already! :) I am truly sooooo excited for you guys. Children are INDEED the greatest thing ever ever ever!! I can't wait to have a million more!

Hope you start feeling better soon, and I'm sure you will! Keep us updated on things. This is one of the most exciting and wonderful times of your life. RIGHT NOW! Oh man I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!

Bingham Fam said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. There is no greater joy than being a mother and you will be great at it.

Katrina said...

yay! congrats!!!!